Consultant ENT & Head & Neck Surgeon
MSc (Sheffield) FRCS (ORL-HNS) DOHNS MBBS
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust- Royal Hallamshire Hospital
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Year of qualification
- Adenoidectomy (child)
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Grommet insertion
- Septoplasty and submucous resection
- Septorhinoplasty with graft or implant
- Tonsillectomy (adult)
- Tonsillectomy (child)
- Removal of lumps of the salivary glands
- Sleep studies/snoring clinic
- Thyroidectomy (for Goitre)
- Thyroidectomy (for Nodule)
- Head and Neck Surgery (Benign and malignant)
- Paediatric ENT Surgery
- Sinus and Nasal Surgery
- Salivary gland Surgery
- Voice Disorders
- General ENT
- British Association of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery- ENT UK
- ENT UK- Head and Neck
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Ala Jebreel is a Consultant ENT Head and Neck Surgeon at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital and Sheffield Children’s Hospital, and an Honorary Senior Lecturer at the University of Sheffield. As well as general ENT surgery in adults and paediatrics, he has a special interest in Head and Neck cancer Surgery.
Ala carried out his Basic Surgical Training in the UK between Glasgow and various hospitals in Yorkshire. He completed his Higher Surgical Training in ENT in South Yorkshire- Sheffield Deanery. He was awarded a Masters Degree in Clinical and Social Care Research from the University of Sheffield for his Head and Neck Cancer Research.
Ala chose to specialize in Head and Neck Surgery. Further experience was obtained in his final stage of training as a Visiting Fellow at world renowned units in Hong Kong and Brisbane- Australia. He also completed a year’s fellowship, sponsored by the Royal College of Surgeons, in Advanced Head and Neck Oncology Surgery at North Manchester Hospital and the Christie Hospital- Manchester.
Ala has a thorough and sympathetic approach to the management of his patients. Away from medicine, he enjoys spending quality time with his wife and two daughters.